Thursday, February 02, 2006

Onward & Upward

Well, D has had lots of news. First about the bank, he met with them and they took all the details. It’s been passed upwards for approval and they were supposed to get back to us yesterday, but so far no news. D claims that no news is good news, since it means we haven’t been turned down yet. I however, am more pessimistic and think that no news is definitely NOT good news. But it’s not like I’m worried about it. I know that it is all in God’s hands and if the financing with TD does not come through, then it’s not meant to be. There are other banks, or maybe we’re not supposed to get financing at this time. God has definitely been moving us away from more debt, so it’s a good possibility. On the surface it would be a setback, but if we’re meant to move, then it’s up to God to make it happen. And he will, but in his own perfect way. So, on one hand I’m anxious to know the answer, but not stressed or anything over it.

D has also had very big news about his new-old job. It looks like there may be a promotion in the works, as well as a move to a full government unionized job. It would mean a job with full benefits and job security. I’ve always felt that he would eventually be made a government employee, but now it looks like it’s really going to happen within the next year to year and a half. They’ve also promised a cost of living increase as of April. If everything goes through the way it’s shaping up, he will definitely be making more than I am at present. Which again, I’ve felt God really urging me that my job has to take a backseat to D’s, and that it’s time for him to be in the lead. Amazing how everything works out.

Oh well, that’s the news. Like I said yesterday, it seems the mission is picking up again. I dropped off the package, turns out it was for unit 80. They spoke English and were quite thankful that I’d taken the time and effort to deliver the package. That was all for the time being, no real opportunity to talk, but again it’s in God’s hands and we all know that he can do miracles with very little – like a couple of fish and loaves of bread…

1 comment:

  1. Hey, just wanted to let you know that your link's featured on Blogger's home page displaying "My Journey thru Faith" which is how I found this. Good to know there are people who have faith in God in Canada, just kidding, eh. Good thoughts and an encouragement of faith, eh. And Steve Taylor! Holy cow, he's been around forever, eh.

    ReplyDelete